Saturday, February 04, 2006

New Year 2006 (Dec 31st, 2005)

Everyone is suffering from jet lag. Plan was to go to SFO and spend the New year there seeing the fireworks. Started to SFO. But the plan was to not to take car since there will be too much crowd. We went to SJ station to take the caltrain. Just missed it by 3 minutes or so. Went to *$s grabbed a coffee and came back to catch the 5.00 p.m Caltrain. I was surprised it was a double decker train. I wanted to sit in the top and everyone agreed. It was a slow long boring journey. Most of us slept, few because of jet lag and other because of fatigue. We walked to Pier 39 and roamed around that place. As New year arrived we moved closer to the bay bridge and to see the fireworks.

And yes I showed everyone the Milky Way :-) .

We saw the fireworks and were there till 12.30 a.m or so. The last train to SJ was at 2.00a.m. We wanted to catch the 1.00 a.m train as otherwise it will be too late. We had little time left and nearly 3 miles to cover. Others thought it might have been 6-8 miles. I still disagree. Running at a good speed (5.5 miles/hr) for 30 miles you can cover only 2.5 miles. And we were running for only 30 minutes or so. Anyway that's not a point here. It was fun. We saw police everywhere. Infact it seem more police than people. Everyone around was drunk and shouting "HAPPY NEW YEAR". Atlast after much running we reached the station. As usual i was the last person. Not because of stamina but because I am bad in directions, very bad. So was following everyone. Actually it was lots of fun running. We had a great time. My best New Year I ever remember (mymemories are short lived so this had to be the best).

Sunil and myself were the last in the group to then the Caltrain station. It was 12.55 a.m. As we ran into the Caltrain station the police stopped me and said, "NO speeding sir, you have caught the train." It was funny. Sunil was with me that time :P.

On the train we waited for 30 minutes more before the train started it's slow journey back. The lively part was different people shouting and passing comments. One of the guy was talking about the matching Cap he buys of the dress and other said I buy matching shoes. I found it amusing. We reached SJ around 3.00 and then went to a colleagues house to celebrate more. We put a movie "The shawshank redemption". Me and my colleague slept in the beginning of the movie. I think other's survived the whole of the night.

We started back home at 7.00 a.m in the morning and I slept till 11.00 a.m. Evening of 1st Jan was nothing great. Went to a Mall with others doing the shopping.

P.S:- There might be more things which might have happened. Unless I am able to recall them I will not be able to write them up. If anyone remembers they can tell me.

1 Comments:

Blogger l_shankar_ganesh said...

Yes. I remember telling you that this is the best New Year I ever had :-).

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home