Sunday, December 11, 2005

Pacific Drive

Pacific Ocean. Touched it for the first time. The water was chill. My feet were very numb. But I was too much excited to miss the pleasure of the scenic beauty which lay in front of me. The waves were huge. The sun had set. There were still few surfers daring against the gigantic waves.

As usual we started late and decided against going to the Haunted Mansion. We were going to the CA 1 Drive. I decided to drive as I had to get used to it. Drove some 200 miles (320 kms) in total. Covered it in 3 hours with 1 hour nearly in the 17 mile drive. The drive was very smooth on the freeways where I touched nearly 87 miles per hour. That is nearly 140 km/hr. Not that I wanted to touch. But if I don't stay with the traffic then someone will come and bang me from the back.

Once we reached the 17 mile drive along the pacific it was beautiful scenery. I missed most part of it as I was concentrating on driving in the windy roads (with occasional commentary which I overheard). Otherwise we all (Sudeep, Rahul and myself) need not enjoy the Pacific. We will be in the Pacific. We stopped at few stops where we amdired the gigantic waves and natural beauty. The 1st place we stopped I removed my shoes and ran to get my feet wet. I was ice cold water. Also the waves were so powerful and huge that not at all advisable to go into the sea unless you are an expert swimmer.

We started back. Quite a lot of things happened which I think I will skip. One of them was we were giving a call to Gopa from a Pay phone. Anyway.

We started back and I took a wrong turn. Then another wrong turn. I ended up taking the CA 17 highway. The roads were so curvy like a roller coaster twisting and turning. There was no shoulder in many places. I was within the speed limits but the roads were really scary. I managed to hold on to the steering and driving with the crowd.

Pacific ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home