Saturday, February 04, 2006

Half Moon Bay(2nd Feb)

This was another day where everyone was planning to go for shopping. Considering that I love shopping too much I decided not go for that because I will end up buying a lot of things.

I instead asked everyone and then headed for Monterey bay. One more reason why others decided not to go on a trip was because there were storm warnings. I didnot want to stay at home. I started to Half Moon Bay.

Once I started it started pouring heavily. I had not driven in so much of rains before. It was a new experience for me. I set my GPS and kept to the slow moving lanes. Anyway the traffic was also moving at a speed of 40 miles per hour in a 65 mph zone. Suprisingly back glass of my car was clear thanks to the technology of car. I drove like that till Half Moon Bay when pouring stopped to drizzling. The drive became through the woods which was really nice. I stopped by a Gas station and then I asked her the places to visit. She told me a nice beach which people visit. Went to the beach and took a walk along the beach. I was scenic and pleasant. Water was freezing cold. It was drizzling all the while and the waves were huge.

I walked for quite sometime and reached a place which seemed to be a wooden bridge. I walked across it. It was scary because I was the only person there. The bridge was surrounded with lots of plants and water was gushing beneath. I kept walking to the other side. Then after walking for quite sometime I decided to return and see some other place. I had this plastic in my hand to dispose. I was searching for a dustbin. Surprisingly I didnot find any. I saw one box but with wildlife animal on it. I thought people keep injured birds or animals in it. When walking back on the wooden bridge I saw few people taking the garbage out. I then went and gave them the disposable and told them that there might have been some animal in it. They were amused :-)) .
There was a flock of birds near the beach. I tried slowly walking towards them. They will move bit far. I will move bit more closer making sure not to make them fly. They will move a bit more far. It was funny. Started back to other beaches but then I saw that all of them had $6 ticket and didnot seem asgood as the beach I had been to. So I started back home. Wanted to reach home before it was dark. But didnot want to take the same route. So I told the GPS least use for freeways. But again thanks to my bad sense of direction I took two wrong turns and ended up on CA-35.

I must say, it was awesome, just awesome. I wished only if others were with me to see. Milesinto the forest and only me. It was foggy and there were flood warning signs everywhere. Butthe view was awesome. I was driving 25mph at a 40-50mph zone. Didnot matter as I was the only one on the road. After long time I reached CA-84. That was another superb drive. UnfortunatelyI donot have right words to tell how good it was.

Atlast reached home and then I think we went to downtown. I don't remember if this was the day when we did ICE SKATING. I think it was this day only. Anyway I have already mentioned it above.

I don't have a camera so couldn't take the snaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home