Sunday, February 05, 2006

SF and Bigsur (7th-8th Jan, 2006)

I can't recall when we went to SFO and which date we went to Bigsur.


San Francisco:
SF we started and went to golden gate vista point. From there we went to another vista point at the top of a mountain. Then to Sausalito. Something really happened there.


I was backing the car and forgot to put the car on drive. Since it was a downhill the car started going down. Then I realised the drive was not on and put it on drive. But then something really scary happened. The brakes failed. I simply failed. The roads were turning and there were cars parked in front of me. The steering failed to move. It was locked. I used all my strength to turn the steering and apply the brakes. Somehow the car stopped after all these. Then I put on the parking lights and switched off the car. Restarted it and then slowly started it. I was moving the car slowly testing the brakes. Warned everyone that I will be putting sudden brakes and hard brakes to test it. It was fine.


Before this happened we were in Sausalito. It was good. My collegue's wife showed that there was a person making few rocks stand on top of each other. I laughed saying that they are glued. But then I saw the person making the rocks on top of each other. Hmm.. Forget about what happened after that.


We went to Lombard, Union Square, went on a cable car ride. We then went to a Indian-Pakistani restraunt Shalimar. That is another story. We relied on the GPS and ended up taking 14 miles tocover a distance of 0.2 miles. Had a nice dinner and came back home late.

Bigsur:
Bigsur trip was good. Nice ride. Nice forest. Good trek. On the way back we went to a beach. And at time the superb card game 29. We were on a winning spree ;-). You can ask people who were involved in the game. Something happened on this trip too.


I parked the car in such a way that the tyre was coming on the pavement. My steering wheel got stuck. I was not able to turn on the ignition. Then ultimately me, manish, my colleague and his 4 year old son pushed the car enough to get it started. That was one experience :-).

1 Comments:

Blogger l_shankar_ganesh said...

Ok. Added a new blog for the beach.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home