Sunday, February 05, 2006

Wrong side of the Road

Many have entered the wrong side of the road, and I have heard stories about the same. However luckily I have programmed my mind so much that I didnot ever did that in nearly 1.5 months of my driving in U.S. However following incidents did happen.

Actually I have been ticketed in India for entering a one way on my bike. I was fined and given a ticket.

Manish was driving. I said till he is inside the apartment complex I will stay with him. However he entered the road even though I kept saying "NO". And to my shock he was entering the wrong side of the road. I shouted and asked him no to enter. He just stopped in time. Then he took a U turn and entered the apartment complex again. Good that it was a small road with less traffic. But at 35mph the results could have been deadly.

Another time we had to pick up someone and me, manish and my colleague were in the car. I was thinking something and the signal was red and I wanted to take a right turn. I was wondering why I am stopped though you can take a right turn on red. As soon as it became green I went right into the wrong side of the road. Later when Manish and my colleague screamed I realised my mistake. Luckily we were still on the other side of the road. I immediately backed and proceeded. Good that this time also there was no traffic on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home